FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- What are the VOCO system requirements?
- • Apple or Android Device
• Windows XP or higher
• Macintosh OSC 10.6 or higher
• Broadband internet connection
• Powered speakers (Not Required for V-Spot)
- Where can I find VOCO Apps, Software, Manuals, User Guides, and Warranty Information?
- You can download copies of all VOCO documentation by visiting App Downloads & Services.
- Can I plug my iPod/MP3 player directly into a VOCO Media System and stream the music stored on it?
- Yes you can plug any iPod/MP3 player, USB stick, or external USB hard drive into the USB port on the front of a VOCO Media System and stream the music content stored there to your VOCO Media System.
- What is VOCO Media System syncing?
- VOCO Media System syncing is the capability to allow multiple VOCO devices to stream the same music. When zones are synced they will play the same music stream and are controlled by the VOCO Media System you designate as the "Master Zone Control".
- What is your return/exchange policy?
- For VOCO Media System units purchased directly from The Navvo Group, LLC, returns of "like new" product are allowed within the first thirty (30) days from the date your order ships. Please call Customer Care at 888-879-VOCO (8626) for an RMA number and further return instructions.
For VOCO Media System units purchased from your local retailer, please reference the return and exchange policy for that specific retailer.
For VOCO Media System exchanges, please see the terms of our Warranty.
- I connected my VOCO Media System but can't see it in my App?
- Your Apple or Android device needs to be connected to the same internet network that your VOCO Media System is accessing.
- What audio formats does VOCO support?
- VOCO supports all the most popular audio formats, including MP3s and iTunes. As well as these: FLAC, WAV, AIFF, WMA, Ogg Vorbis, AAC, HE-AACv2, HD-AAC, Apple Lossless, WMA Lossless, APE, MPC and WavPack supported through transcoding.
NOTE: Any form of protected music will not play in VOCO.
- How do I create a new playlist?
- With the VOCO Voice Controller Application open on your Android or Apple device, short-tap the Artist, Album, or Song content button. Long-hold-press a row. A menu will display. Short-tap [Add to Playlist] and then [New Playlist]. Give your playlist a name and then press [Save].
- What do the different LED colors on the VOCO Media System mean?
- Red - Lights solid when booting up. Flashes during Configuration. Lights solid and flashes while Updating (Do not unplug!).
Blue - Lights solid while music is being played. Lights periodically while Updating.
Orange - Ethernet cable is connected.
Green - Lights solid when connected to a wireless network
- What number can I call for technical support?
- Call Customer Care at 888-879-VOCO (8626).
- How do I perform a voice search?
- Simply press and hold the large green VOCO)) button in the Android application, speak your request into your Android or Apple device and release the button. VOCO will search your music library and will return the matching results.
- Where can I use a Voice Command?
- You can use the power of your voice to search for an artist or song name.
- How do I sync Multiple VOCO Media System Devices?
- Step 1: The first thing to remember when you are "Syncing" zones is that both zones must be on the same music source to be able to sync them together.
Step 2: In the Zones screen tap on the "Sync" icon that is next to the VOCO Unit you are connected to.
Step 3: When you tap on the "Sync" icon a pop up window will come up showing you the available zones you have the ability to "Sync" with the current zone you are connected to. *Reminder - the VOCO Units must be using the same music source to "Sync" them together.
Step 4: Tap on the check marks next to the zones that you want to "Sync" together and they will highlight in green. When you have selected all the zones that you want to "Sync" together press the [Ok] button.
Step 5: Once you press the okay button you will be brought back to the "Zones" screen. The "Sync" icon next to the zone that you are connected to and the zone, or zones, you are synced with will then be highlighted in green, confirming that your zones have been synced together.
- Will VOCO work with a NAS (Network Attached Storage)?
- Yes, VOCO Media System devices work with NAS units. You can download the instructions and software needed by visiting App Downloads & Services.
- How do I configure my VOCO Media System as a WiFi hotspot?
- Step 1: Login to your VOCO Voice Controller App on your Android or Apple device.
Step 2: If you login to the VOCO App and you are not brought to the Zones screen tap on the Zones icon in the upper left hand corner of the App. Then select the VOCO Media System you want to configure as a Wi-Fi Hotspot.
Step 3: Click on the Settings icon which is right next to the zone select screen. The settings icon will be highlighted in green when selected. A drop down menu will then appear. Click on the Hotspot Configuration menu option.
Step 4: A pop-up Zone HotSpot Configuration screen will then appear. Check the box next to Enable HotSpot and if you want to create a secure Wi-Fi connection Check the box Use Encryption.
In the SSID/HotSpot Name box type in the name you want this Wi-Fi hotspot to be.
Suggestion: Name the Wi-Fi hotspot after the VOCO Media System you are configuring to make it easier to identify the Wi-Fi hotspot when you are trying to connect to it.
In the Use Encryption (WPA/PSK) box type in whatever password that you would like. It is not required to use Encryption to configure your VOCO Media System as a Wi-Fi hotspot.
Finally Select the [Save] button.
Step 5: A Reboot Zone pop-up screen will then appear. Select Yes and your VOCO Media System will be rebooted.
Step 6: Once your VOCO Media System is rebooted you will be taken back to the Zones screen. It will take a moment for your VOCO Media System to restart and become available again. While your VOCO Media System is rebooting you will see the status Offline.
Step 7: When your VOCO Media System has been completely set up as a Wi-Fi hotspot, is ready to stream music again, and can be accessed as a Wi-Fi hotspot, you will see the status Ready.
You are now DONE configuring your VOCO Media System as a Wi-Fi hotspot.